ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org
Forum for discussion and debate on Liverpool and the wider community.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At Home With The Georgians
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Websites & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
brainbox



Joined: 21 May 2012
Posts: 10284
Location: out & about in Liverpool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: At Home With The Georgians  Reply with quote

New Series  telling of homelife in 18th / 19th Century Georgian times

I'm watching it  Razz

BBC4 8pm  Tonight
_________________
b.b.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alice



Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 6919

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: At Home With The Georgians Reply with quote

brainbox wrote:
New Series  telling of homelife in 18th / 19th Century Georgian times

I'm watching it  Razz

BBC4 8pm  Tonight


Thanks B.B. but I forgot all about it and I do like documentaries like this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barbie



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 16195

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bum....missed it....will see if it is on catch up....
_________________
You can't kid a kidder!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alice



Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 6919

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The First Georgians: The German Kings Who Made Britain

starts Thursday 1st May at 9pm on BBC4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainbox



Joined: 21 May 2012
Posts: 10284
Location: out & about in Liverpool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched it it appears like it is a series part way through and I have missed the earlier ones. If you get a chance Girls then try and catch up on the series cos it is very well produced and Presented in an easy but informative manner.

The New series starting tomorrow also looks like being a good one too,I like the presenter of this one she has done others simlar ,recently.
There are quite a few historical based programms on BBC4 , and lots are now being fronted by Female Presenters, which to me certainly adds to the experience
Wink
_________________
b.b.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Barbie



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 16195

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brainbox wrote:
Having watched it it appears like it is a series part way through and I have missed the earlier ones. If you get a chance Girls then try and catch up on the series cos it is very well produced and Presented in an easy but informative manner.

The New series starting tomorrow also looks like being a good one too,I like the presenter of this one she has done others simlar ,recently.
There are quite a few historical based programms on BBC4 , and lots are now being fronted by Female Presenters, which to me certainly adds to the experience
Wink
pervo!


Razz
_________________
You can't kid a kidder!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainbox



Joined: 21 May 2012
Posts: 10284
Location: out & about in Liverpool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbie wrote:
brainbox wrote:
Having watched it it appears like it is a series part way through and I have missed the earlier ones. If you get a chance Girls then try and catch up on the series cos it is very well produced and Presented in an easy but informative manner.

The New series starting tomorrow also looks like being a good one too,I like the presenter of this one she has done others simlar ,recently.
There are quite a few historical based programms on BBC4 , and lots are now being fronted by Female Presenters, which to me certainly adds to the experience
Wink
pervo!


Razz


Just giving credit were credit is due Barbie.............although they sure did have fine sets of legs on them  Wink
Razz
_________________
b.b.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainbox



Joined: 21 May 2012
Posts: 10284
Location: out & about in Liverpool

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The First Georgians  starting from 1714.. thats not the time the programm starts, thats the year it kicks off from....it starts BBC4 in half an hour 9PM...gotta be interesting this one if you likes your History.
_________________
b.b.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alice



Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 6919

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recorded the two episodes but haven't got round to watching them,  haven't got the time at the moment!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammeldrum



Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really it was an entertaining one which gave me a lot pleasure.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Websites & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum