Archive for ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum for discussion and debate on Liverpool and the wider community.
 


       ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Liverpool News & Chat
Valencia

The Giants may be on the way back to Liverpool, reveals city

One and a half million people visited the city for the Giant Spectacular last weekend

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson heralded the four-day giants spectacular as an “amazing success” for the city – and is already talking about bringing them back.

Mayor Anderson said that the city’s residents could even be asked for their ideas for Giants creators Royal de Luxe to base a story around.

Director Jean-Luc Courcoult is known to be a big fan of Liverpool and he is understood to favour the city ahead of other UK cities.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/wh...iants-return-city-reveals-7523127
MOJO

Re: The Giants may be on the way back to Liverpool, reveals

Valencia wrote:
One and a half million people visited the city for the Giant Spectacular last weekend

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson heralded the four-day giants spectacular as an “amazing success” for the city – and is already talking about bringing them back.

Mayor Anderson said that the city’s residents could even be asked for their ideas for Giants creators Royal de Luxe to base a story around.

Director Jean-Luc Courcoult is known to be a big fan of Liverpool and he is understood to favour the city ahead of other UK cities.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/wh...iants-return-city-reveals-7523127



It would be great if it became an occasional visitor,every few years!
Barbie

Has nobody taken any photos of these? I took loads. It was a brill 3 days for the city.
scouse

Giants

Barbie wrote:
Has nobody taken any photos of these? I took loads. It was a brill 3 days for the city.

I dont Understand our mayor Joe Anderson he is closing special school libraries selling off our green space yet he can spend upwards of £5million pounds on the Giants plus more on a painting for jean they bring no Money in to the councils coffers people might come into the City to see them but dont put any money directly into the council dont forget it is us the citizens who are paying  the £5million plus bill not the visitors i think i would like the libraries and special school before the giants
MOJO

Re: Giants

scouse wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Has nobody taken any photos of these? I took loads. It was a brill 3 days for the city.

I dont Understand our mayor Joe Anderson he is closing special school libraries selling off our green space yet he can spend upwards of £5million pounds on the Giants plus more on a painting for jean they bring no Money in to the councils coffers people might come into the City to see them but dont put any money directly into the council dont forget it is us the citizens who are paying  the £5million plus bill not the visitors i think i would like the libraries and special school before the giants


The council only paid £25,000,scouse, the rest was made up of government grants, of one type or another, so it was a bargain!
scouse

Re: Giants

MOJO wrote:
scouse wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Has nobody taken any photos of these? I took loads. It was a brill 3 days for the city.

I dont Understand our mayor Joe Anderson he is closing special school libraries selling off our green space yet he can spend upwards of £5million pounds on the Giants plus more on a painting for jean they bring no Money in to the councils coffers people might come into the City to see them but dont put any money directly into the council dont forget it is us the citizens who are paying  the £5million plus bill not the visitors i think i would like the libraries and special school before the giants


The council only paid £25,000,scouse, the rest was made up of government grants, of one type or another, so it was a bargain!

I still say why is he using govenment grants to fund some thing that brings no money to the council when they should have been used for keeping schools and libraries open needs to get his priorities right he refused over one billion pounds from central govenment he's wasted millions on the bus lane fiasco I could site more he will be voted out next year thank god
Liobian2

It did bring a lot of money into the city, Scouse.
I met a couple from North Yorkshire who came over specially to see the giants. They stayed overnight in a hotel here, and I'm sure there were many others who spent here.
scouse

Liobian2 wrote:
It did bring a lot of money into the city, Scouse.
I met a couple from North Yorkshire who came over specially to see the giants. They stayed overnight in a hotel here, and I'm sure there were many others who spent here.

I know but the point is it dosnt bring any money to our council only to the businesses so with our council tax we are financing big business not our city
Barbie

I take your point scouse. We each have our own opinions. I can't stand Joe A myself.
I did however enjoy seeing the puppets, however, 1 hour was enough for me. I went off around Parliament Street with my camera for a few hours afterwards.







MOJO

Re: Giants

scouse wrote:
MOJO wrote:
scouse wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Has nobody taken any photos of these? I took loads. It was a brill 3 days for the city.

I dont Understand our mayor Joe Anderson he is closing special school libraries selling off our green space yet he can spend upwards of £5million pounds on the Giants plus more on a painting for jean they bring no Money in to the councils coffers people might come into the City to see them but dont put any money directly into the council dont forget it is us the citizens who are paying  the £5million plus bill not the visitors i think i would like the libraries and special school before the giants


The council only paid £25,000,scouse, the rest was made up of government grants, of one type or another, so it was a bargain!

I still say why is he using govenment grants to fund some thing that brings no money to the council when they should have been used for keeping schools and libraries open needs to get his priorities right he refused over one billion pounds from central govenment he's wasted millions on the bus lane fiasco I could site more he will be voted out next year thank god


The major funder was the Arts council, so you can't use the cash for anything else! They, not he, just made a good job of claiming what was available, for that purpose!
                       As for council funds, profitable businesses, mean more council/business tax, paid and collected, which in turn, fund council services, and projects! Though you can't believe too much of the media reports, things like the "Giants" do create wealth for the city!

       ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Liverpool News & Chat
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum