ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org
Forum for discussion and debate on Liverpool and the wider community.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Do You Think you Are?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Websites & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Barbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Who Do You Think you Are?  Reply with quote

Did anybody catch Ricky tomlinson's episode?
It was interesting seeing how some of  his family of yesteryear were  cartiers in Liverpool.
Here is a link to some of what he learned. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ne...-revelations-forthcoming-12271089

I was watching Sir Ian McKellen on the catch up service today on his episode of Who Do You Think You Are? Although born and bred in Bolton, his family investigation brought him to Liverpool. His great uncle Frank Lowe was jobbing actor, getting bit parts on the stage in variety shows, he ended up in Liverpool and lived in number 8 Mill Place, Wavertree with his wife. Unfortunately he took ill with T.B. and died in the Liverpool workhouse. He was given that news and the death certificate sat in the library in town.  

Mill Place no longer exists and I think....think...it was here where the new property is now off Mill Lane Wavertree. (Unless you know better???)

Alice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Who Do You Think you Are? Reply with quote

Barbie wrote:
Did anybody catch Ricky tomlinson's episode?
It was interesting seeing how some of  his family of yesteryear were  cartiers in Liverpool.
Here is a link to some of what he learned. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ne...-revelations-forthcoming-12271089

I was watching Sir Ian McKellen on the catch up service today on his episode of Who Do You Think You Are? Although born and bred in Bolton, his family investigation brought him to Liverpool. His great uncle Frank Lowe was jobbing actor, getting bit parts on the stage in variety shows, he ended up in Liverpool and lived in number 8 Mill Place, Wavertree with his wife. Unfortunately he took ill with T.B. and died in the Liverpool workhouse. He was given that news and the death certificate sat in the library in town.  

Mill Place no longer exists and I think....think...it was here where the new property is now off Mill Lane Wavertree. (Unless you know better???)

Barbie, I didn't watch Ian McKellen but I wish I had done as it sounds good.  I only watched the last one with Sophie Rayworth, the BBC News presenter.
Barbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not have the catch up service Alice?
Alice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbie wrote:
Do you not have the catch up service Alice?

Barbie I do but will it still be on, if it isn't I could watch it on Kodi.  Have you ever watched Line of Duty?
Barbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what Kodi is but  I have heard of  Line of Duty, though not seen it.
MOJO1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbie wrote:
I have no idea what Kodi is but  I have heard of  Line of Duty, though not seen it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software)
Barbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, thanks. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ourscouseforum.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Websites & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: